Ablution Block Flooring
Local Government facilities like parks, swimming pools, fitness centres and public buildings such as galleries, museums and libraries, all have ablution blocks or bathrooms. Because these facilities are open to the public, they need to be strong enough to cope with heavy foot traffic, easy to maintain and safe underfoot.
To help meet your duty of care and resolve potential public safety issues, an epoxy or resin floor with a slip resistant treatment that is a cost effective and practical solution.
Why choose epoxy flooring for your ablution block?
- Managing risk - installing flooring with a non-slip treatment helps to provide a safe environment and assists in meeting safety criteria and insurance requirements for public safety.
- Maintenance – epoxy flooring is durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic. It requires little upkeep and is easy to clean.
- Hygiene – seamless installation means there are no cracks or joints which can harbour germs or bacteria.
- Flexibility – the same epoxy flooring coating can transition to walls and fittings within the facility, providing seamless and aesthetically pleasing results.
- Colours – available in a range of colours which can create light bright interiors, epoxy can be colour coded to designate specific areas or trip hazards like steps.
Tough Floors are a Brisbane based company servicing all of South East Queensland, from the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast.
Our experienced technicians are skilled in floor preparation which underpins the lifetime performance of the installation. We use only commercial grade epoxy coatings which are thicker, heavier and durable.
Talk to us about our specialised epoxy treatments which are designed to function well and look good for years to come with minimal maintenance (even in high traffic areas).
Public Toilet Blocks
Accidents can and do happen, especially in wet areas where the potential for slipping is high. Brisbane City Council guidelines specify that public toilets and ablution blocks should be well lit, have slip resistant floors in wet and dry conditions and that buildings must be safe to maintain and clean. Other Local Government Authorities have similar guidelines.
School Toilet Blocks
Children can be accident prone at the best of times, especially if they are rushing to the toilet between classes! School toilet blocks therefore need to be as safe as possible and as hygienic as possible. Our slip resistant epoxy flooring solutions provide peace of mind and due to their seamless installation, bacteria and germs have nowhere to hide.