Exterior Epoxy Flooring
There’s a lot we can do to make your outdoor areas look amazing with exterior epoxy flooring:
- Combine mismatched slabs or tiles to create one seamless expanse
- Fix issues caused by weather, and finish with a sealer to protect for years to come
- Update tired old surfaces with a fresh modern finish to update the appearance, and add value to your home
- Apply slip-resistant coatings to make your external areas safe for all
Important considerations for exterior epoxy flooring
Ensuring you end up with right flooring solution for your external environment requires consideration of several aspects:
- Durability – the kind of usage that the area could be exposed to will affect the final specification. Will there be kids riding around on bikes, or mechanical equipment used, or the potential for chemical spills?
- Slip resistance – will the area be exposed to weather or regular splashing from a pool or spa? We will provide recommendations for the right level of slip resistance to be incorporated into the specification.
- Technical considerations – we will review the levels of your existing floor, check for moisture levels and look for signs of movement that may impact preparation techniques. We'll also provide advice on the best colour choices to counter the effects on UV stability and possible colour discolouration.
- Preparation requirements – we’ll help with remediation of any existing cracks, water damage and trip hazards and provide advice on whether there may be any potential for similar issues in the future.
Unfortunately, over time, externally tiled areas can become loose and drummy, and the grout lines degrade and become impossible to keep clean.
Covering with an epoxy finish brings new life to a shabby tiled area. The tiles must be stuck down properly, and we will remediate if possible, because doing this is usually better and cheaper than complete removal.
Path, patio and carport
Over time, as paths and patios are added on to various areas around a property, it can end up not looking as intended. Instead, you could have a disjointed look of mismatched concrete and other surfaces.
In many instances, with effective preparation, we can create a beautiful seamless epoxy finish over it all, to provide a uniform look, with no trace of the old work.
Epoxy coating around a pool area can provide a durable, safe and aesthetically appealing finish that enhances the overall look.
We offer a wide range of colours and product options, and provide expert advice to ensure that you end up with the right specification for your area. Its important that the final finish provides slip resistance and minimises UV degradation.